The “Worldvision Cytopathology Contest” (WCC) is a new global outreach initiative of the American Society of Cytopathology (ASC). WCC offers the opportunity to exchange scientific knowledge and goodwill in a unique cytopathology competition at the ASC’s Annual Scientific Meeting. The presenters, who would compete in the WCC, will present an interesting cytopathology case and would offer practical take-home points and/or new highlights on innovations in cytomorphology or ancillary techniques.
· The contest is open to medical students, pathology residents, cytopathology fellows, cytotechnology students or a junior pathologist or cytotechnologist within one year of completion of training. The presenter is the first author of the proposal.
· The submitted case must not have been published before the presentation at the ASC Annual Scientific Meeting. The five finalists will be chosen from five different countries.
· The winner will be determined by a panel of judges based on the scientific content, presentation style and skills, and confidence when handling questions at the end of the presentation.
· The five finalists will receive waived registration at the ASC Annual Scientific Meeting. The winner will get a wall plaque and a USD 250 cash award.
· The first contest will be held during the American Society of Cytopathology 67
th Annual Scientific Meeting in Salt Lake City, Utah, USA, November 14-17, 2019.